This week on the Final Table radio show, Dennis Phillips and I talked about the online poker legislation (HR2267) that passed Barney Frank’s banking committee in the House last week, from what the bill says to its chances of becoming law in the next year.
Then we had an extended conversation with veteran poker pro Gavin Smith, who finally won his first World Series Of Poker bracelet this summer in a mixed limit/no-limit hold’em event. We discussed that, and:
- why he gave his WSOP bracelet to his brother
- why he thinks Phil Hellmuth and other loudmouths are good for poker
- why he hopes his soon-to-be-born child doesn’t become a professional poker player
- an update on the tattoo prop bet with Joe Sebok and Jeff Madsen
- why he’s no longer doing his Poker Road radio show