A recent piece by Phillip Smith on Alternet listed Missouri as one of “7 States That Are Next In Line To Legalize Marijuana.” I was dubious, since this is not exactly one of the most progressive states in the union — after all, the nickname is The Show Me State because we want others to prove that something works before we jump, sometimes grudgingly, on a bandwagon. Nonetheless, I invited John Payne, Executive Director of Show Me Cannabis, back onto my show to discuss the possibility of getting medical marijuana, if not recreational weed, legalized here in the next couple of years.
Previously on Harris Online…
- My conversation with Gary Johnson, CEO of the marijuana business Cannabis Sativa [7/14].
- My conversation with Paul Feine, author of “America’s Longest War,” about our failed War On Drugs [1/14].
- My conversation with Colorado Springs Gazette reporter Megan Schrader days after weed became legal in that state [1/5/14].
- My conversation with Dave Boyer of the Marijuana Policy Project in Maine [11/2/13].
- My conversation with the ACLU’s Ezekiel Edwards about the racial problems with weed laws [6/13].