With the temperatures over 100 degrees this week, several people have forwarded this e-mail to me. I don’t know who wrote it, but thought you’d enjoy it, too.
It is so hot in St. Louis…
- The birds have to use potholders to pull worms out of the ground.
- The trees are whistling for the dogs.
- The best parking place is determined by shade instead of by distance.
- Hot water now comes out of both taps.
- You learn that a seat belt buckle makes a pretty good branding iron.
- The temperature drops below 95 and you feel a little chilly.
- You discover that it only takes two fingers to steer your car.
- You actually burn your hand opening the car door.
- You break into a sweat the instant you step outside at 7:30am
- You realize that asphalt has a liquid state.
- Farmers are feeding their chickens crushed ice to keep them from laying boiled eggs.
- Your biggest bicycle wreck fear is, “What if I get knocked out and end up lying on the pavement and cook to death?”