Here’s my conversation with Rana Foroohar, economic columnist and assistant managing editor for Time magazine, about her book, “Makers and Takers: The Rise Of Finance And The Fall Of American Business.” Among the questions I asked her:
- What is the “financialization of banking”?
- Are the big banks still too big to fail?
- What happened to the laws we were promised would fix this after 2008?
- Is this a smoke-and-mirrors recovery?
- Can we expect any of this to change under a Hillary Clinton presidency?
- How bad is the revolving door between Washington and Wall Street?
- Are companies more concerned with stock prices than research and innovation?