In case you don’t follow me on Twitter, here are some of the quickie thoughts I tweeted tonight in the hour after the news of Osama Bin Laden’s death at the hands of US special forces in Pakistan:
- 2 stories yet to be told: details on how the special forces team got OBL, and how social media was used to create the flash mob at the WH.
- Obama probably had a GULP moment when the helicopter went down in Pakistan, flashing back to Mogadishu and the Iran hostage rescue failure.
- What a boost for Obama’s re-election campaign. Right wing’s gotta be pissed that OBL wasn’t caught on their watch.
- Many in the crowd outside the WH are from the generation that has fought America’s longest war — a war with very few victories until now.
- Think the Secret Service crew at the WH is on high alert? What’s the last time there was a crowd this big outside the WH gates?
- Dude 1: “Let’s go join the crowd celebrating in front of the White House!” Dude 2: “Okay, I’ll bring my beach ball!”
- Just saw a guy in a Hulkamania shirt in the crowd outside the White House. Probably bought it when the hostages were released from Iran.
- David Gregory was good anchoring NBC coverage, but Brian Williams came in anyway. Meanwhile, Katie Couric & Diane Sawyer nowhere to be seen?
- For those wondering where the Pakistan city of Abbotobad is, it’s a straight line from there to nearby Costellobad.
- As an Apple shareholder, I’d love to hear that the CIA got OBL because they were able to pinpoint his location using that iPhone tracking data.
- Great quote from Lara Logan on CBS: “You’ve got to get OBL to win, but getting him doesn’t mean you’ve won.”
- From Doyle Brunson: The U.S govt found out Bin Laden was running an online poker room, so they stepped up their efforts to find him.
- From Bob Powers: “I loosened it.” — Bush
- The delay in Obama’s speech is to set up a real Mission Accomplished banner — exactly 8 years after Bush made that ridiculous announcement.
My latest tweets are always on the right side of this page, but you can also follow me on Twitter via your mobile device as “paulharrisshow.”