Here’s my conversation with Jennifer Keishin Armstrong about her book, “Seinfeldia: How A Show About Nothing Changed Everything.” Among the questions I asked her:
- What’s the story behind George’s save-the-whale speech, which generated the biggest laugh in the show’s history?
- Who was the inspiration for Elaine’s awkward dance moves?
- How did NBC feel about Larry David having no prior experience running a TV show?
- What was so different about the first script the actors got from David and Seinfeld?
- Who else tried out for the lead roles?
- What was Bob Hope’s role in “Seinfeld” getting on the air?