My tweets while watching NBC’s coverage of the Opening Ceremony of the London Olympics…
- This is the night when people upset that US Olympic berets were made in China tweet about the Opening Ceremony on their China-made iPads, with no sense of irony.
- My wife insists on watching every second of the Opening Ceremony, but can’t stop yelling at Matt Lauer and Meredith Vieira to SHUT UP!
- Matt Lauer: Bob Costas & I agree this is a great cover of “Come Together” by Arctic Monkeys. So, naturally, we’ll talk over most of it.
- Americans thought berets were a bad fashion statement, but how about the British women athletes forced to wear bad bridesmaid dresses?
- Let tonight be the last time anyone drags Muhammad Ali out for a public appearance in which he can’t do anything. Enough already.
- For many Olympians, The Beatles were the group their grandparents grew up with, so they don’t know the lyrics to 42-year-old “Hey Jude”!